At Boston Comprehensive Treatment Centers, we understand the fears and worry that can accompany the decision to enroll in a medication assisted treatment program, and we appreciate the courage of each person who chooses to heal with us. Our goal is to provide all patients with a superior treatment experience, starting with a smooth and effective intake process.
The first step in receiving treatment at one of our two centers is confirming that you are eligible for treatment. In addition to being at least 18 years old, prospective patients must also meet the following criteria, which are consistent with Massachusetts regulation 105 CMR 164.00:
- Currently physiologically dependent upon a narcotic drug
- Became physiologically dependent at least one year prior to admission
- Usage during most of the year immediately before admission to the program was continuous or episodic
Adults who meet the criteria listed above will be scheduled for an intake appointment. Please note the following:
- The intake appointment will take approximately two to four hours.
- Male and non-pregnant female patients are required to arrive at their intake appointment in a state of withdrawal for 20 to 24 hours.
- Pregnant patients should not be in withdrawal when they arrive for their intake appointment.
During the intake appointment, prospective patients will accomplish the following:
- Provide valid proof of identification (Massachusetts identification card, Driver’s license, or U.S. passport).
- Pay intake fees with cash, money order, cashier’s check, or credit card issued in the name of the payer (personal checks or payment over the phone are not accepted).
- Complete paperwork and answer questions about personal, treatment, psychiatric, and medical history.
- Provide documentation of prior treatment if transferring directly from detox or another medication assisted treatment program.
- Complete a physical examination with one of our physicians.
- Provide a urine specimen for drug screening.
- Take a TB test, unless able to present proof of having taken a similar test within the previous two years.
- If female, take a pregnancy test.
- If pregnant, provide a consent form from OB/GYN authorizing participation in a medication assisted treatment program, and sign a release of information form to allow for coordination of care.
- If pregnant but not currently seeing an OB/GYN, consult with a member of our staff regarding referrals for prenatal care.
Please note that Boston Comprehensive Treatment Centers cannot guarantee that all patients will receive medication on the first day that they are enrolled for treatment. All medication-related decisions are made by members of our medical staff on case-by-case basis.
If you have any questions about our admissions criteria, intake procedures, or any other aspects of treatment at Boston Comprehensive Treatment Centers, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff members look forward to providing you with the information you need.